The voices of Tax Policy Center's researchers and staff
Tax policy isn't just for economists, lawyers, or policymakers. Taxes affect us all and The Tax Hound engages the rest of us in interesting conversations about what government taxes, and why. On the first Wednesday of every month, I uncover the links between taxes and our everyday lives. How do they affect the way we pay for K-12 education, or what drinks we buy for our kids? Join in the conversation—we’d love to hear from you.
- Transparency, Tax Returns, and Tax Reform: An Open and Shut Case?
- For whom the interstate tolls: It may toll differently for thee.
- "I was framed!" Or, the Case of the Tax Policy Overpowered by Words
- Tax Exemption, Free Speech, and a Bold Campaign Promise: An Independence Day Mystery
- The Case of a Good Walk, and Tax Expenditure, Spoiled
- A Case of Love, Death, Estates, and Taxes
- The Case of the Hidden Import Tax, or, "It's all about the shoes."
- Much Ado About Everything But Tax Plans
- What's so funny about taxes, love, and solidarity?
- The Case of Tax Scams, Private Debt Collectors, and Wishful Thinking
- The Case of the Mislabeled ABLE Account
- The Case of the Questionable Tax Credit: Women and Retirement Savings
- The Case of the Carrot in Need of a Stick: A Tax Credit for Paid Family Leave
- The Case of the Unreturned Call for Tax Code Simplicity
- The Case of the Little Wrong Thing: Evading Online Sales Tax
- MEGA tax credits: Will Michigan bust a deal, or will residents face the wheel?
- School’s out: What if parents take the tax money and run?
- Why do taxpayers leave money on the table?
- A penny for your sugar: Setting a price on Sin
- What we hear when we talk about taxes... musings of a Tax Hound
Posts and Comments are solely the opinion of the author and not that of the Tax Policy Center, Urban Institute, or Brookings Institution.