Within days, Congress drafted and enacted the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act, which touches virtually every US business and household. During this online event, distinguished tax policy experts will assess this unprecedented policy response by examining the following:
- What problems were the CARES Act and other recent bills intended to solve, and how are they achieving those goals?
- What are the challenges to delivering recovery rebates during a pandemic?
- How will this legislation affect charitable deductions?
- How will businesses respond to the tax relief? Is it well targeted? Will it create unanticipated gaming opportunities?
- Sunita Lough, Deputy Commissioner for Services and Enforcement, Internal Revenue Service
- Michael J. Desmond, Chief Counsel, Internal Revenue Service
- Leonard Burman, Institute Fellow, Urban-Brookings Tax Policy Center @lenburman
- Julie A. Divola, Partner, Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- William G. Gale, Codirector, Urban-Brookings Tax Policy Center; Arjay and Frances Fearing Miller Chair in Federal Economic Policy, Brookings Institution @WilliamGale2
- Howard Gleckman, Senior Fellow, Urban-Brookings Tax Policy Center @howard_gleckman
- Janet Holtzblatt, Senior Fellow, Urban-Brookings Tax Policy Center @TaxPolicyCenter
- Mark J. Mazur, Robert C. Pozen Director, Urban-Brookings Tax Policy Center @TaxPolicyCenter
- Pam Olson, US Deputy Tax Leader and Washington National Tax Services Practice Leader, PricewaterhouseCoopers @PamelaFOlson
- Steven M. Rosenthal, Senior Fellow, Urban-Brookings Tax Policy Center @stevertax
- "Responding to the business impacts of coronavirus (COVID-19)" (PwC Global and US Resource Compilation)
- "Digital Fitness For The World" (PwC Application; Passcode: LRNALL)
Until further notice, all Urban-Brookings Tax Policy Center events will be online or postponed. There will be no in-person event attendance option. We feel a responsibility to take extra precautions to minimize the spread of COVID-19 unintentionally and to ensure the health and well-being of our attendees, staff, partners and communities. We look forward to having you join our events virtually.
Send any inquiries regarding this event to [email protected].