The tables below analyze several options to increase taxes on high-income households. The options include
(1) a "Buffett rule" imposing a 30 percent minimum effective tax rate on those earning more than $1 million;
(2) a new tax bracket for millionaires;
(3) limiting the tax savings from itemized deductions to 28 percent;
(4) an effective minimum tax of 27 percent against current law and 21 percent against current policy; and
(5) limiting the tax savings from selected tax expenditures to 2 percent of AGI.
The tables include distributional estimates for 2013 and 2015, as well as ten-year microdynamic revenue estimates, against both current law and current policy baselines.
Senate Version of American Jobs Act of 2011