2100 M Street, NW
Washington, DC 20037
1775 Massachusetts Ave, NW
Washington, DC 20036
Comments / Feedback
Enter your e-mail address to receive periodic updates on TPC publications and events.
Economic Stimulus: What Will Work, and What Will Not
Thursday, January 31, 2008, 9:00 AM to 10:30 AM
Urban Institute, 5th Floor
2100 M Street, N.W., Washington, DC
The Tax Policy Center will hold a panel discussion on proposals for economic stimulus. Some of Washington's top fiscal policy experts will answer these and other questions:
- Is fiscal stimulus warranted and likely to be effective?
- What role, if any, should tax cuts for individuals play?
- How do corporate tax cuts fit into a package?
- Should assistance to state and local governments be included?
Panelists will include:
- Nada Eissa, Associate Professor, Georgetown University, Visiting Fellow, Tax Policy Center
- Doug Elmendorf, Senior Fellow, Brookings Institution
- Doug Holtz-Eakin, former Director, Congressional Budget Office Economic adviser, McCain for President
- Kim Rueben, Senior Research Associate, Tax Policy Center
- Moderator: Howard Gleckman, Senior Research Associate, Tax Policy Center Editor, TaxVox
A light breakfast will be served.
Please register online or contact Julianna Koch at 202-261-5538 or email@example.com.